Friday, July 20, 2007

Tomato Time!


I have been watching this tomato all week, as it has gone from a blushed pink into what I think can now be called a ripe red!


This Goliath is the first of my full sized tomatoes to ripen. I snapped the photo just as the sun was coming up over the mountain this morning. I will let it ripen to perfection until evening, when it will be sliced and sprinkled with a little olive oil, garlic and basil and shared with Dear Husband.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No time is more eagerly anticipated in the garden than Tomato Season!


13 comments:

Carol Michel said...

Congratulations, it looks just about perfect!

Melissa said...

It looks absolutely perfect to me!!

Bev said...

Oooo.. I'm so jealous. What a beautiful tomato! And I'd sure like to taste some of those French Filet's. I'm glad you got some rain.

Anonymous said...

wow! What a pretty tomato. I can just taste it now. You are quite a gardener.

Gina said...

Talk about a picture perfect tomato! That's beautiful.

Petunia's Gardener said...

Looks delicious! I have loads of green ones that I hope make it to red some day. Fortunately the sungold cherry tomatoes are ripening

Anonymous said...

Hello Connie,
I'll be coming back to read more and more of your great garden-blog.
This tomatoe looks out of this world. I tell you, I think toms are better than chocolate anyday, especially home grown tomatoes.
~Becky

Connie said...

Thank you all for your comments!

I chose Goliath for my main crop tomato several years ago for 3 reasons:
1. Good taste
2. High yield
3. Blemish free fruit

O.I.M said...

hi connie. goliath is a great name for that tomato. it looks huge
irena

kris said...

Picture perfect - and I'm sure it tasted wonderful too!! Our first one is getting redder every day - I can't wait!

Sigrun said...

You lucky you! My tomates are all at the compost, they were il from the rain always.

Sigrun

Dirty Fingernails said...

HOw did the tomato taste.. Did that hot dry air improve it's taste?

As for moving to Idaho.. Crossing fingers next year will be the lucky one!!

w2wkb said...

That's awesome. i tried about a dozen varieties this year and my Goliaths have been my most blemish free, problem free tomatoes.