Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Baby Robin

As I have been working in the garden this Spring, I kept hearing baby birds chirping loudly from time to time, when the Mama bird brought them food. I followed the sounds and found three fat baby Robins, in a hedge of trees that borders our property. They were so big, they barely fit in the nest anymore. I intended to take a photo, but forgot about it....and when I went back a few days later, the baby birds were gone from the nest. :-( As I walked back to the house, I heard chirping.... and gazing into the hedge, spotted this baby robin sitting on a limb.




I love how it still has a tuft of downy feather on it's sweet little head!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Yea, the sparrow hath found an house, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young, even thine altars, O LORD of hosts, my King, and my God." Psalm 84:3




7 comments:

Melissa said...

It is definitely the season for birds. We enjoy watching them at our feeders. I think we may have a cardinal nesting in our spruce trees.

We have fun watching the king bird catch worms when we work at the community garden.

Catherine said...

Well, my dear, it is about time for an inspection, don't you think? Maybe that baby will still be there if I come soon. I'll call Rachel today!

Victoria Williams said...

They're so cute and so vulnerable!

gidiboy said...

at least you are going green.

New Baby Gifts said...

Wow, it's quite rare to see baby Robins. Lucky you!

Dee said...

So cute. What a lovely photo. It's nice to see birds we don't have here in Australia.

Autism United said...

Sitting out on my porch this morning enjoying some sunshine and my coffee a little family of birds pops onto the front grass. Mommy giving them a lesson on foraging for food, was so cute.
Even in the wild it is the mommy who teaches so so much.
Have a wonderful day.
Now if we could just get some warm weather :)