Monday, December 28, 2009

Dreaming of a Pink Christmas


Oh, this poor neglected blog! I have been so busy enjoying the delights of the season, that I have written nary a post in the month of December. So...to remedy that before the month slips away, I am posting a few photos of my Christmas tree and the vintage pink, aqua, and silver ornaments with which it is adorned.




The past 2 years I have chosen a Blue Spruce, from a local tree farm. I like it for it's lovely bluish hue, which nicely complements the pink, silver and aqua ornaments I hang on it. But the needles on these are very sharp, so you must exercise caution when trimming the tree! (Click on the photo to enlarge.)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Shown in the photos below, are a few of the ornaments which I have been collecting for a number of years. I love the color and patina on these ornaments. The oxidation, crazing and loss of color simply adds to their vintage charm! :-)




































This last ornament, a vintage stenciled one in hot pink expresses my sincere (though somewhat belated) sentiment to all my readers....Merry Christmas to each and every one!



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



Joy to the world...
the LORD is come.
Let earth receive her King!




16 comments:

Laurie said...

Gorgeous!! Love those old ornaments.

Bren Haas said...

Those antique bulbs you share a amazing. I have a few from my parents but they are in NO WAY as good of condition as the ones you share!
Looking forward to the New Year blog sharing with yoU!

Meems said...

Very cool vintage ornaments! And I like the blue hue of your tree needles. The few vintage ornaments I have hang on a wrought iron table tree ... they are so much fun. What great news~~ the additions to your family. Congratulations and blessings are in order... Very happy for you!
Meems

Catherine said...

Charming, Connie! I have decorations like those too, but don't always hang them all because we opt for a small tree. Now, a question: How do you get so many pictures on one blog? I can work out putting only 5...on a good day. Please enlighten me.

Victoria Williams said...

Very lovely tree, Connie! I'm impressed with all the vintage ornaments.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Roses and Lilacs said...

Your ornaments are beautiful. My sister has the glass ornaments that hung on our tree when we were children. We used to have birds but they must have gotten broken sometime in the past.
Marnie

sweetbay said...

Your tree is gorgeous! I love your color theme and ornaments.

Unknown said...

Those are lovely ornaments, Connie! I seem to recognize a few from my longago and misspent childhood, but my mother has only a few ornaments left from back then. Love the choice of blue spruce, too; a stunningly lovely result.

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Beautiful tree and lovely ornaments!

em said...

lovely ornaments, they remind me of my childhood! how pretty! how old is the oldest one?

Connie said...

em - I really don't know which is oldest. I would guess most of the glass ones are from the 40's or 50's, and some of the plastic ones from the 60's. I find them at yard sales and thrift stores, mostly... but have purchased a few on Ebay.

philippines homes said...

Looking at the photo, a great idea I've got another slew of great ideas foe decorating my next Christmas Tree. Thanks for the post.

Deirdre G

philippines homes said...

Looking at the photo, a great idea I've got another slew of great ideas foe decorating my next Christmas Tree. Thanks for the post.

Deirdre G

Justin and Anne said...

Your ornaments are GORGEOUS!!! I have a serious case of ornament envy right now! Where do you find your vintage ornaments? Antique stores?

Connie said...

A Girl and Her Garden - I mostly find my ornaments at yard sales and thrift stores, and have purchased a few on Ebay.

Dina said...

I love the combination of pink and aqua for christmas tree decorations! beautiful!